- Alpacas of Windswept Farm
- Ashton Studio Arts
- Avalon Springs Farm
- Cavey Family Sheep and Wool Company
- Cephalopod Yarns
- Claymonster Pottery
- Crabapple Yarns
- Dancing Leaf Farm
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Feederbrook Farm
- Flying Goat Farm
- Folktale Fibers
- Good Golly Miss Olli!
- Kate's Cauldron
- Mid Valley Fibers
- Misty Mountain Farm
- Neighborhood Fiber Co.
- Rajkovich Designs
- Shalimar Yarns
- Slippery Slope Farm
- Snallygaster Fibers
- Space Cadet Creations
- Taylored Fibers
- That Clever Clementine
- The Camel Shoppe
- The Verdant Gryphon
- Threeravens Yarn and Fiber
- Tina Seamonster
- Wandering Wool
- Wild Hare Fiber Studio
- Wolles Yarn Creations
- Susan Cook, Blue Ribbon Accoyo Alpacas
- Dalis Davidson, Dancing Leaf Farm
- Melissa Yoder Ricks, Wild Hare Fiber Studio LLC
- Cosette Cornelius-Bates, Cosymakes
- Sue Ann Wilms, Brookmere Alpacas
- Leslie Selby, Cedar Wool Farm
- Linda Minnick, Mid Valley Fibers
- Lisa Westra, Feederbrook Farm
- Kathy Davidson, Potosi Sheep Farm
- Jennifer Heverly, Spirit Trail Fiberworks
- Help us get the word out!
- Win Win Win!
- Pocket Meadow Farm
- Knitters and Crocheters Care
- Carissa Englert, Treadle to the Metal
- Steph Gorin, Loop
- Vendors announced and a free pattern
- ▼ February (17)
Friday, February 27, 2009
Susan Cook, Blue Ribbon Accoyo Alpacas
1. What is your website? and email?
3. Where are you located?
4. What do you make?
Alpaca yarn and rovings (all fiber is from my alpacas, but other than my raw, skirted fiber, the yarn and rovings are mill processed)
5. Do you make fiber/yarn/etc. full-time?
Farming is a full time job, but I also work part time at a church.
6. How did you get into making stuff?
Alpacas are wonderful animals that provide a warm and extremely soft fiber, so it was only natural to take the fiber from the yearly shearings and process it into beautiful yarn and rovings for others to enjoy.
7. How long have you been doing this?
I’ve been in the alpaca breeding business for 10 years, and began selling yarn and rovings about 5 years ago.
8. Where do you find inspiration?
I find inspiration in the alpacas. They have such a calm demeanor that each day spent working with them is like meditating.